Welcome to Boomtown!

aLAcrity Boomerangs is a group of boomerang enthusiasts from Los Angeles. At the moment, it is comprised of three people: Manny (a.k.a. v12aero), phnxhawk and Charles (a.k.a. hey_kuya).

Manny and I (phnxhawk) started this blog to share our interest in boomerangs--throwing and tuning, making our own rangs, as well as unraveling the science behind them. As we continue our journey into the world of boomerangs, we hope to make new friends and to expand our horizons. In this blog, we will post such things as videos from our regular throwing sessions, musings and lessons learned from throwing, and thoughts on making our own rangs.

Manny and I started throwing boomerangs since Spring 2009. It has been a long road as we developed a semblance of technique for throwing 'rangs. Nevertheless, after many a bruised hand or windy day, our fascination with these returning throwing sticks remains undimmed. We most certainly have more to learn about boomerangs, but we'll keep at it as long as we continue to have many happy returns.

--phnxhawk--

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Teaser: The Deadly Fog

--by phnxhawk--



Oh, no! What will happen to Manny and phnxhawk? Will they simply get up as if nothing was wrong? Or is this the end?! Stay tuned...for the next video from aLAcrity!

Manny and I have been building up a bank of footage that we have not had a chance to process. I was sifting through some of it recently when I stumbled across some video from a most foggy day. We did continue to throw as the fog bank surrounded us. Although the boomerangs occasionally did get lost in the mist from time to time, we evaded injury yet again. For my part, I was trying to discern whether I could get some sense of the flow around the boomerang as it tore through the fog, but to no avail. I suppose it was not quite the weather I would need for that purpose.

At any rate, we do have some more videos and posts in the pipeline. So, please stay tuned!

Putting my spin on boomerangs...

0 comments:

Post a Comment