Welcome to Boomtown!

aLAcrity Boomerangs is a group of boomerang enthusiasts from Los Angeles. At the moment, it is comprised of three people: Manny (a.k.a. v12aero), phnxhawk and Charles (a.k.a. hey_kuya).

Manny and I (phnxhawk) started this blog to share our interest in boomerangs--throwing and tuning, making our own rangs, as well as unraveling the science behind them. As we continue our journey into the world of boomerangs, we hope to make new friends and to expand our horizons. In this blog, we will post such things as videos from our regular throwing sessions, musings and lessons learned from throwing, and thoughts on making our own rangs.

Manny and I started throwing boomerangs since Spring 2009. It has been a long road as we developed a semblance of technique for throwing 'rangs. Nevertheless, after many a bruised hand or windy day, our fascination with these returning throwing sticks remains undimmed. We most certainly have more to learn about boomerangs, but we'll keep at it as long as we continue to have many happy returns.

--phnxhawk--

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Teach them while they are young!

I found the sport of boomerang throwing at the age of 16. I really wish I had found this sport earlier in my life. Now that I'm 40, I take great pride in watching my 5 year old son Holden learn this fantastic sport that I have come to love so much. I actually have a chance to revisit my childhood threw his eye's and his energy. I think he will be an excellent boomerang thrower, just like his dad! Check him out as he rocks his Darnell Air Dancer.



It's great to see future members of aLAcrity Boomerangs!

Charles aka hey_kuya

0 comments:

Post a Comment