Welcome to Boomtown!

aLAcrity Boomerangs is a group of boomerang enthusiasts from Los Angeles. At the moment, it is comprised of three people: Manny (a.k.a. v12aero), phnxhawk and Charles (a.k.a. hey_kuya).

Manny and I (phnxhawk) started this blog to share our interest in boomerangs--throwing and tuning, making our own rangs, as well as unraveling the science behind them. As we continue our journey into the world of boomerangs, we hope to make new friends and to expand our horizons. In this blog, we will post such things as videos from our regular throwing sessions, musings and lessons learned from throwing, and thoughts on making our own rangs.

Manny and I started throwing boomerangs since Spring 2009. It has been a long road as we developed a semblance of technique for throwing 'rangs. Nevertheless, after many a bruised hand or windy day, our fascination with these returning throwing sticks remains undimmed. We most certainly have more to learn about boomerangs, but we'll keep at it as long as we continue to have many happy returns.

--phnxhawk--

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Tornado ABS & Spirit ABS Review



Over the last 2 weeks I had a chance to experience two ABS models from Adam Carroll of RealBoomerangs.com. The first boomerang is "Tornado", a four wing beauty that's easy to throw and very versatile and also reversible! The second boomerang is "Spirit", an advanced boomerang ready to tackle both your sporting needs and your competitive needs.

I have seven of Adam's boomerangs in my bag. Adam's boomerangs are so important to me because the very first boomerang I throw to get warmed up to start my session is his "Cyclone". This boomerang was a happy accident as I originally ordered a Tornado (old version) from Rich Harrison. What I ended up with was Cyclone, a warm up boomerang that I can really rely on.

The reason for obtaining an ABS version of Spirit was because I couldn't throw the one I had. I had originally purchased a polypropylene version of "Spirit" from Rich Harrison (Boomerangman.com), last year. I bought it with two other boomerangs from Adam, "Champ" and "Paragon". I quickly adapted to Champ and Paragon but not with Spirit. Being that I don't give up so easy, I contacted Adam for a few tips on how I can have success with Spirit the same way I was having success with the other two. Adam simply wrote me back and said "Let me make you another one in ABS! I think you'll like it better!". The level of customer service that Adam gives is the one of the best I've ever encountered. He even talked into getting the ABS Tornado to throw along side my Cyclone. Go figure, I got the Tornado anyway! Below is what the boomerangs look like.

I put together a video review of these two amazing boomerangs. I hope that you enjoy watching it as much as I enjoyed making it. Remember this is my very first post so be kind. With a little more practice, I should become just as good as my two boom brothers phnxhawk, and Manny and get that true aLAcrity quality! Enjoy!




As you can see these new boomerangs from Adam Carroll are absolutely fantastic. These two boomerangs cover the beginner as well as the advanced thrower. I'll be looking forward to mastering these two over the next few weeks.

You can get the these boomerangs from:

Adam Carroll at www.realboomerangs.com
Rich Harrison at www.boomerangman.com
Ted Bailey at www.flight-toys.com

I have a lot more reviews in my bag so stay tuned!

--Charles aka "hey_kuya"--

1 comment:

  1. For a second look at Spirit from phnxhawk, see the link below:
    http://return2thrower.blogspot.com/2011/05/second-look-spirit-renewed.html

    ReplyDelete